The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Mudashiru Obasa, on Monday announced the chairmen of the reconstituted committees of the House.
At a sitting where the amendment to two bills were also passed, the Speaker urged the new chairmen to act in ways to make the House truly seen as carrying out its oversight functions in the best interests of the people.
He said that there was need for the House to be seen as doing its best in the area of its oversight functions going forward.
Below is a list of the committees and their chairmen:
1. Sanai Agunbiade – Business Rules and Standing Order
2. Mojisola Meranda – Ethics, Protocols and Privileges
3. Sarajudeen Tijani – House Services
4. Saka Solaja – Public Accounts (State)
5. Mojeed Fatai – Public Account (Local)
6. Kehinde Joseph – Agriculture
7. Gbolahan Yishawu – Economic Planning and Budget
8. Okanlawon Sanni – Education (Ministry)
9. Ajani Owolabi – Tertiary Institutions
10. Olanrewaju Afinni – Science and Technology
11. Rotimi Abiru – Environment
12. Desmond Elliot – Ministry/Parastatals
13. Yinka Ogundimu – Establishment, Training and Pension
14. Folajimi Mohammed – Energy and Mineral Resources
15. Wahab Jimoh – Waterfront Infrastructure
16. Nureni Akinsanya – Physical Planning and Urban Development
17. Adewale Temitope – Transportation
18. Bisi Yusuff – Commerce, Industry and Cooperative
19. Mojisola Ali-Macaulay – Women Affairs, Poverty Alleviation and Job Creation
20 Tobun Abiodun – Works and Infrastructure
21. Jude Idimogu – Wealth Creation and Employment
22. Rotimi Olowo – Finance
23. Hakeem Sokunle – Health
24. Ibrahim Layode – Home Affairs
25 Olatunji Oluwa – Torusim, Arts and Culture
26. Moshood Oshun – Youth and Social Development
27. Akande Judiciary, Lasiec and Public Petitions
28. Adedamola Kasunmu – Lands
29. Rasheed Makinde – Housing
30. Setonji David – Information and Strategy
31. Femi Saheed – Central Business District
32. Raheem Kazeem – Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations
33. Olayiwola Olawale – Local Government and Community Relations
34. Noheem Adams – Legislative Compliance
35. Rauf Age Suleiman – Procurement
36. Mosunmola Sangodara – Inter-parliamentary Relations
37 Saad Olumo Lookman – Public-Private Partnerships
38. Sylvester Ogunkelu – Oversea Investments and SDG.
Meanwhile, the House also passed into law a bill for a law to combat and stop the spread of Coronavirus Pandemic and for Connected Purposes after it was read for the third time.
This followed a report read by the Chairman of the House Committee on Health Services, Hon. Akeem Shokunle.
The House later passed into law a bill for A law to amend the Lagos State House of Assembly Legislative Service Commission Law, which was read for the third time.
The House also confirmed Governor’s nominees for some agencies.
These include Dr. Mrs. Onayiga Atinuke Muina as the Chairman of the Lagos State Health Service Commission
Confirmed as members of the commission are Mrs. Kemi Ogunyemi, Dr. Mobolaji Olukoya and Dr. Olumuyiwa Solanke.
Confirmed as members of the Lagos State Procurement Agency Board are Mrs. Foluso Olayinka Onabowale, Mr. Folorunsho Akeem Mustapha and Mr. Olusola Lanre
Some others that were confirmed as members of IBILE Oil And Gas Corporation are Mr. Goke Adeniyi, and Mrs. Omolara Alakija.
For the Judicial Service Commission, the House confirmed Mr. Supo Akin-John, Mrs. Bamidele Akinyemi, Mr. Sehinde Kareem and Mr. Mahmud Daodu.