Women are likely to treat one infection or the other at a point in life, the most important thing is to treat yourself and be sure you are completely free of the infection. Untreated infections can cause lead to life-threatening aliment. Below are facts about yeast infection.
1. If you are having yeast infections repeatedly you need to seek medical help, this might be signs of a medical condition such as HIV or diabetes
2. It is normal for women to have one or two infections in life. Yeast infection is mostly caused by an overgrowth of candida Albicans fungus (CAF) it is also found on the skin, digestive tract, and the mouth.
3. Yeast infection is not a sexually transmitted infection, but it can be contracted through sex. The chances of men contracting it are low but if at all they do, they experience itching and rash all over the penis. Men who are not circumcised also have a higher risk of contracting a yeast infection
4. Once you feeling itching or a burning sensation in your private part, or you feeling pains in your vagina during sexual intercourse, soreness, vaginal discharge, pains when you urinate, all these are signs of yeast infection.
5. It can be caused by some medication, a yeast infection can be caused by some birth control pills, antibiotics, this drugs can change the acidic balance of our vagina and it triggers the growth of yeast and other vagina infections.